Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blue Ice - Glacier Bay

Map Blue Ice - Glacier Bay

Here is the finished Map of glacier bay.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Glacier15.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	2.70 MB 
ID:	78473  

This is really nice. I particularly like the way the colour fades from green into white, and I love the broken off pieces of ice on the left hand side. The cool colour tones give the map a chilly, wintry feel and it's very well done.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Nice job, I like the coloring work here. My only comment would be on the rivers which are pixellated, that could be improved.

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Good map! admiralty island contains a typo.

It's another excellent map Snodsy! I like the theme and your color choices are perfect for it. I like a lot the icebergs and forests. I agree with Max about the rivers too, but it's a minor thing.

Thanks for the comments and reps. Means alot coming from this group. I'll look into the pixelated rivers to maybe soften the edges?

Great work snodsy.
    You did a splendid job on this one.
    And I agree, great color choices.

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Lovely work on the general layout and the colors! The only point of advice/criticism I'd have is the linework on the mountains, in case you're using a tablet: make the lines a wee bit thinner, and try to use a pressure sensitive brush ( if you're using a mouse: holy moly, that's awesome work!)

Thanks guys, Wired your comment and Max's comments hit on my dilemma on doing these drawings. I am using a Wacom Tablet and Photoshop CS5.5 and using a 4px brush with Pen Pressure set to Shape Dynamics (line thickness), any thing smaller and it starts to pixelate, - I use a 2px brush for the RIVERS - and that is what MAX has commented on. So I don't want to make my MOUNTAIN brush any smaller. I guess I could go to a larger Canvas - right now I do 11 x 17 @ 300ppi. Should I do these drawings bigger? and then use a 6px brush for MOUNTAINS and a 3-4px brush for RIVER and thinner items?

Quote Originally Posted by Wired View Post
    Lovely work on the general layout and the colors! The only point of advice/criticism I'd have is the linework on the mountains, in case you're using a tablet: make the lines a wee bit thinner, and try to use a pressure sensitive brush ( if you're using a mouse: holy moly, that's awesome work!)

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Uh, my mountain linework is 2px for the pressure sensitive line thickness brush I use.^^ At 4px it is definitely too clunky, snodsy. Believe me, 2 or 3 is more than sufficient at that resolution.
    Last edited by Wired; 12-22-2015 at 03:30 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast