Thread: WIP-My Second Map the Arcane School

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

actually the hallways are 10 feet, and a library isn't really a large space, in proper midevil terms. But yes, as for a fantasy game, I probably will have another library on the second floor. The room is about 30 by 15 feet for the two rooms that make up the library, so that's actually a pretty good amount of books. The school isn't extremely large either, its not self-sustaining. They do require services from the near by village.
    As for the dormitories, they are actually going to be a seperate building currently I'm just making the buildings then I will make the school grounds. The 2nd floor will be where the class rooms and dining area will be. I'm thinking of making the dining area the central mass for the 2nd floor and some way to reach the "roof" of the 2nd floor which will allow people to gain access to the tower. (minus the area for the tower.
    However I could double the size of the map and adjust the grid size as well. I've made a list of things the 2nd floor will have.

dining area
    alchemy lab/class
    enchanting lab/class
    mundane arts class (math, reading, writing, etc)
    study room (a place to study and practice the arts)
    ritual class (a class for ritual magic)
    worship area (to the god of magic).
    Last edited by heathan666; 10-26-2008 at 03:45 PM.