Quote Originally Posted by Jkaen View Post
Problem I have with this is you will end up trying to judge apples with elephants nevermind oranges, I just don't think there will be a consistant enough feel to the challenge
The only problem with that argument is that most challenges older than a few months ago were very generalized (my preference) like the Nov 07 challenge -create an Old West map with a required list of objects: butte, mountain, hill, cactus, railroad, etc. or consider the Dec 07 challenge, create a map with a cavern system near water (river/ocean/lake) and create it start to finish in 4 hours.

It wasn't until "Not my Father's Dungeon" challenge (Mar or Apr ??) that the challenges forced us to rely on a specific floorplan or arrangement of structures like this month's challenge.

I prefer "apples and elephants", I like room for creatively even to develope the idea, not just the particulars. I'll go on a participate in the challenges as I can, but the recent flavors of pigeon-holed map challenges are too restrictive for my tastes.

GP