Thread: Medieval city based on text description

Guild Applicant

Map Medieval city based on text description

Hello. I'm looking for a talented artist that would make a map for a city that's part of a book I'm writing.

It's located at the eastern coast of a continent, with large walls around it, a river running south of it and a castle sitting at the northern end on a rocky elevation. The harbor is also enclosed inside the walls with harbor gates. The city is relative large, the third largest in the entire world the book plays in with an estimate of 200'000 individuals living inside the walls, so that should be taken into account.

I would need two layers to the map, one for elevation (terrain) and one for the actual placement of houses. These maps would then be used as references for the creation of a 3D model of the city, but could also find their way into the public at a later point. I'm not looking for a fancy colored version, so black and white top down would do perfectly fine.

One requirement I have is that once the work is completed and paid for, it would be released into the public domain. In case you are wondering why: The book is also slated for public domain, so is the artwork for the cover, even the music for the audio book as well as the audio book itself.

I do not have an idea on what this will cost exactly, but I'm more than willing to pay a very decent amount for good work. Just because it's public domain in the end doesn't mean I can't pay your work well, so please, don't hesitate to contact me. We would figure out the details before starting work of course. I can pay by paypal or bank transfers.

If you are interested (more work is probably also on the table after this specific job) then please contact me by email under chris.riesen at gmail.com

Thanks!
    Last edited by Christian Riesen; 01-10-2016 at 10:13 AM.

Sent you a Mail.