Thread: Overland Fantasy Map Commission

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Default Overland Fantasy Map Commission

Hi Cartographers,

I'm in the process of publishing an RPG adventure, and I'm looking for an overland map. This map shows the player character's journey from a lakeside elven village, through a haunted bog, to a mysterious temple in the heart of the swamp. There are several keyed locations on the map. I've attached my sketch below, and I'll send you the key if you take the commission!

Style
    Looking for a cartographer with a clean, representative style, not a photorealistic or cluttered look. Instead of a top-down view of the forest, images of trees. One stylistic note is that as the map progresses from south to north (from the village into the heart of the bog), the style should grow darker and dirtier... maybe thicker, sketchier lines or heavier shading.

I am able to pay for a black-and-white map. If you want to create a color map, I'll be happy to discuss pricing with you.

Quality and Size
    This map is to be of professional quality; high-quality enough to appear in a published product. I'm able to pay $40 for a black-and-white half-page map. If you're interested but this price doesn't work for you, let's talk.

At least 72 dpi is required, 150 dpi is preferred.

The map is longer vertically than horizontally, and should fit into 1/2 of a US letter-size piece of paper (about 4.25" x 11")

Deadlines
    We can discuss this; the absolute latest I can have this by is 18 February 2016.

Copyright
    You'll maintain all rights to this piece, but give me a license to use it commercially.

Contact
    Please post in this thread and send me an email at joeyhaeck[[[at]]]gmail[[[dot]]]com. Thanks! I look forward to working with you!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map sketch.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	919.2 KB 
ID:	79273
    Last edited by James Haeck; 01-18-2016 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Added Payment Info

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

300 DPI at least is highly recommended for a printed product, assuming this what you're talking about, just saying

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    300 DPI at least is highly recommended for a printed product, assuming this what you're talking about, just saying
    Not a printed product, or not intended to be, at least. If people want to print this PDF, 150 dpi should be good enough for home printers, IIRC. Though if I'm way off the mark, any insight you have would help a lot.
    Last edited by James Haeck; 01-18-2016 at 05:57 PM.

Sent you a mail.

Sent you an email!

Guild Adept Facebook Connected jpstod's Avatar

email sent
    The Wayward Traveler
    Guildmaster Galveston Island Adventurer's Guild
    http://jpstodwftexas.deviantart.com
    http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/p...?term=John+Pau
    [url]http://www.patreon.com/TheWaywardTraveler[url]

Guild Member Facebook Connected

Nice template! Very informative.

Good choice coming here to get your map done though, these guys are pro's.