Thread: Squares in FT

Help Squares in FT

I have recently been playing around with FT and somehow I have managed to get squares in the map. (see image) I have tried using the smoother and the rougher, the raise and lower terrains but can't seem to get rid of them. I would like to just set an elevation for a given area and then make minor adjustments. Is that possible with FT or do I need to export it to Gimp or Wilber for that kind of work.

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	squares.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	429.9 KB 
ID:	79144

It looks like you managed to get a tiny (on the order of a few editing samples) hard-edged square brush with a large value. Or a tiny multiply brush gone wrong. It's hard to say exactly what happened here. One way to get rid of it is to use the freehand selection tool to draw a selection around the areas that are causing the problem and then use the Tools>>Global Smooth for each of the channels until you find the offending one. Or use Tools>>Global Set with a value of 0 on successive channels to find the offending channel.

Be sure to check out http://www.fracterra.com/CGTutorial/index.html for some hints on how to avoid such problems.

No idea about FT but it kinda looks like a lost civilization that might be worth doing some digging in.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Interesting idea, I didn't think about that. Thank you Jaxllon. I did manage to get it fixed, but I will keep that in mind and set a section up as some ruins.

thank you Waldronate.
    After using freehand select, I ended up using Tools>>Global set>>Altitude set then adjusted it to the surrounding terrain. From there I can use the raise and lower in small units to make further adjustments.
    Thanks for the link.

Hooray! My slight knowledge of FT paid off once again!