Thread: WIP - Clusta Noba

Default WIP - Clusta Noba

Second map commission. This time it's Clusta Noba, a small island east of Marjura (my previous commissioned map which is under review at the moment).

What do you think? I am not certain about the forest and may switch to a more "realistic" looking forest.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clustanoba_101.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	663.9 KB 
ID:	80177
    "That sounds... incredibly complicated, but there's no doubt the result is fantastic." /Diamond

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Looks nice though you're right about forests, it doesn't looks like top down forests while the other geography is.

This is fabulous, love the softness of the mountain ranges. Not sure of forest. Nice start water to deep is nice.

Obbehobbe,

Love your work on the first map and this one has started strong as well. I will echo what the other posters have said in that the mountains and water are fantastic but there's something just a bit 'off' about the angle of the trees in the forest.

Regards,
    Scott

I like the style of the geography. Agreed with Max about the forest - I can think of two ways to go: One, move to a more painted style from an overhead perspective to match the rest of what you have; two, just tweak the forest symbols a little and do other symbols in a similar style to the forests, to create a contrast.

I do think the forests should probably thin out more gradually when you go toward individual trees.

I agree with Max about the forests. The rest, and particularly the mountains and colors, is fabulous.

Thanks for the feedback!

I changed the forest to something that I think looks better. My issue here was to get it look painted and not too realistic.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clustanoba_102.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	657.0 KB 
ID:	80203
    Last edited by Obbehobbe; 02-14-2016 at 05:34 AM.
    "That sounds... incredibly complicated, but there's no doubt the result is fantastic." /Diamond

Yep, those forests are a perfect match with the rest of the maps, if you ask me. Well done!