Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Jan / Feb 2016 Lite Challenge: The Tomb of Vrena and the Forgotten Poet

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Correct me if I'm wrong Chick, but in answer to your question Gudern, I'm pretty sure the river is coming out of a cave mouth, and if the external cliff was shown, it would cover up the river. It's just the different perspective of these types of map that sometimes makes it harder to identify.

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by GLS View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong Chick, but in answer to your question Gudern, I'm pretty sure the river is coming out of a cave mouth, and if the external cliff was shown, it would cover up the river. It's just the different perspective of these types of map that sometimes makes it harder to identify.
    Yes, the grass edge shows where the cave starts, and the cliff goes to that edge on both sides of the cave mouth, although it fades out quickly at the bottom.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Pleased I got it right. This type of map where you have see-through elements must really be difficult to draw and I'm sure if I tried it, it would be impossible to tell anything is.

I don't think I said it before, you've done a pretty nice job on it here Chick and I really do like your cliffside with the ascending steps! This lite challenge really has produced a whole spectrum of styles!

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by GLS View Post
    Pleased I got it right. This type of map where you have see-through elements must really be difficult to draw and I'm sure if I tried it, it would be impossible to tell anything is.

I don't think I said it before, you've done a pretty nice job on it here Chick and I really do like your cliffside with the ascending steps! This lite challenge really has produced a whole spectrum of styles!
    Thank you very much, GLS. Yes it was especially tough for me, I hadn't tried to draw anything since I flunked Crayons 101, until I got involved in mapping. I'd hate to tell you how many times I start over on things like this, so I really appreciate comments like yours!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345