Thread: Fantasy map commission - 1 regional map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Fantasy map commission - 1 regional map [resolved]

EDIT: I have removed my contact information as an artist has been selected. Thank you to all who contacted me regarding the piece.

Hello,

I am looking to commission an artist to create a map of a region (part of a continent) in a fantasy world, based on previous work by myself. I am open to a variety of styles, so if you are interested please email me, including a link to your previous work.

Size: Roughly half a page divided horizontally, or one page in a book.
    Color: I am open to a variety of styles so it may not be necessary to color the map, but it will likely be preferred.
    Detail: I am looking for professional quality, something that wouldn't look out of place in a professional publication from Wizards of the Coast or a similar company.
    Purpose: The map is part of a personal roleplaying project that I hope to eventually sell, even if just on WotC new online self-publishing platform. It should be appropriate for both print and web use.
    Price: Because I have commissioned art for this project from professional artists before, I don't think I have unreasonable expectations. However, I have not commissioned a map before so am hesitant to provide a price myself as the amount of work involved may vary from that I typically pay for. As such, I would be grateful if any interested would provide a ballpark estimate given their previous work for my own experience, and of course an actual price can be negotiated once more details of the piece have been decided.
    Starting work: I can send you an image of the map or the GIMP file with the various layers I have created once we have been in contact.
    Deadline: Previous experience leads me to expect around one month. Earlier is of course fine, and a bit preferred, but this can be discussed.

Warm regards, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Phillip
    Last edited by Melisandur; 02-08-2016 at 07:40 PM.