Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Member location map.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

@Sagenlicht - 50KM I believe is about 33-35 miles (can't remember the exact conversion rate)

@Turgenev - I thought so, I grew up about half way between Buffalo & Niagara Falls (a dumpy little place called the City of Tonawanda) so I was reasonable sure I was correct on the Toronto placement.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Its ok as its my fault for rounding the coords on the USA map so I got out google and put in some super accurate ones now so hopefully it should be better. Its got you about right and RobA just on the coast underneath. Its never going to be absolute to the pixel but should be just about right enough to know where we all are in relation to each other.
    Thanks for fixing the location problem, Redrobes. Consider yourself repped for all of the help. It is appreciated. Besides, I was starting to get water logged sitting in Lake Ontario.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Guild Journeyer

cool zoom in feature!

Question

Who are Fiend and 25?

Quote Originally Posted by joćo paulo View Post
    Who are Fiend and 25?
    I think those are probably mistakes.

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

Do you think I should limit to the registered members and parse the username against the list and reject those not on the list ? The problem is with case sensitivity, underscores, spaces etc might make it reject the username. I can try to match with no case sensitivity and ignore spaces and so on but I know it always gets something wrong now and again. Still, there is no feind or 25 in the user list so I am not sure what to do. I am tempted to just leave it for now and see how it goes. If it gets bad then do something about it.

Could you parse on # of posts or something? Maybe limit it to those with at least 5 posts - like PMing is currently set-up.

Then maybe update it once/week, month, whatever is convenient.

Ugh, I botched it.

Redrobes: Could you change mine to Lat 40, Long -73? I don't live in the middle of Russia, I live in the dogpile of New York.

Thanks!

Guild Novice

Ha!

I screwed mine up as well, by not scrolling down to see the +/- convention. I entered my numbers with N and W, and cheerfully clicked the button.

Some days there just isn't enough coffee in the world, I tell ya!

-waystar

Blog Entries

I think it will just reject any input which is malformed like that so just try again. Looking at the map I dont think it added you to it. If it did then just put in waystar_attempt2 as your username and ill sort it out later.

Edit - actually I see it did add you. Gimme a while and ill just flip the long coord to -ve. Ill look into checking the 'N' and 'W' chars as input. Maybe I can put that in as an optional style and adjust accordingly.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast