Thanks for the comments, and especially the PREACH.. ..

A few comments...
* This is the actual map that will be used by the players, which if they see some "non-functional" stuff standing out in the map, they will ask questions about the items. By player preference, actual game maps are VERY simple, containing only game items and no eye candy. Even on hand drawn maps. This map was printed on 9 pieces of paper and stitched together. However, if I decide to do a artistic version of the map, that is definitely item #1 on the list, but generally if there is no player demand for it, I usually don't bother... But... More on this in a bit.
* The orientation thing is a good idea. Ironically, I already have the superstring coordinates (on the superstrings page) but neglected to put them on the map. Minor oversight that will be taken care of. Distances between the traveled (rarely) superstrings would be nifty I think also. Now only if the travelers ever named the "runs" between superstrings but alas, they dont. However, system runs are generally named.

As far as the galaxies are concerned, I'm currently working on the galaxy zoom level where one could zoom in on the galaxy and see the systems relative locations within the galaxy as well as the travel lanes between them. This resulting map will be made available as a download for players to help them reference items for my online version of the game. Generally player downloads are restricted to players by my download system but I'd be willing to post the resulting FCW file here as well.

Thanks again for the comments Iliyan. They are very much appreciated.