Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Silk Road Map

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    It's looking good, but why are you not keeping the great idea of the long segmented parchement map?
    Quote Originally Posted by jshoer View Post
    I'm also wondering...
    Are you making the raw material first, and then wrapping it up into a ribbon later?
    Ilanthar;
    I am planning on making the ribbon one as well, I wanted to do the full page as both a COVER and as a learning curve on drawing the individual icons and understanding the landscape. The ribbon idea will have more detail work.

I'll have the Cover, an inside two-page spead (ribbon), and then the Full Graphic Illustrator Map on the back. (4 pager) I'm expecting to be working on this for a couple months. I also have an idea for a Game Board, that I'm writing which players travel with camels and caravans to deliver commodities to different places.

Banned User

Some years ago, I wrote an online Silk Road game called Caravan Trades. It ran for several years, but a couple of years ago, I dropped it, and let the domain name go.

However, the code is still there. You can't play it anymore, but you can see the front page here: http://galaxiesablaze.com/caravantrades

and if you would like to get some ideas, you can look at the old Game Help here: http://galaxiesablaze.com/caravantra...elpmain.CV.php

Feel free to use any ideas you get from this.

I am planning on making the ribbon one as well, I wanted to do the full page as both a COVER and as a learning curve on drawing the individual icons and understanding the landscape. The ribbon idea will have more detail work.
    Ambitious project then, I like it!

I also have an idea for a Game Board, that I'm writing which players travel with camels and caravans to deliver commodities to different places.
    Sounds like fun to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick View Post
    Some years ago, I wrote an online Silk Road game called Caravan Trades. It ran for several years, but a couple of years ago, I dropped it, and let the domain name go.

However, the code is still there. You can't play it anymore, but you can see the front page here: http://galaxiesablaze.com/caravantrades

and if you would like to get some ideas, you can look at the old Game Help here: http://galaxiesablaze.com/caravantra...elpmain.CV.php

Feel free to use any ideas you get from this.
    I've read through it , I want to play! Great ideas and well thought out. Mine will be more old school game board, but some of your ideas could be utiiilzed. A couple I have already as well. I'll let you know if I want to use one or two of your unique ones. How did the game go over?

Banned User

The game was popular for a while, one of several that I ran (galaxiesablaze was another, which is why you can still get to caravan trades thru that domain), but it faded out when the more graphic stuff like WoW came along. Galaxies Ablaze is still running, but the others have been shut down now.

Wip The Silk Map Cover Art

Update Northern Mtns highlighted and shaded. (the left side) The four squares will be people - traders in regional outfit to indicate Chinese, India, Mongols, Persians. Will be border treatment, maybe small iconic elements of commerce. Comments welcome.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SilkRoadFull_07.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	2.25 MB 
ID:	80179

Banned User

This is taking me back to all those videos I watched on this

BTW, don't you have Taklamakan spelled wrong?

Wip The Silk Road Map

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SilkRoadFull_08.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	2.54 MB 
ID:	80217

Base map basically done, redo the great wall and add iconic elements - water wheel, gateways, pagoda, temples. Still work to do on Scroll Title Panel

Ooh, this looks really nice so far Snodsy!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Looking great. I *love* those camels!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast