Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [WIP] Western Galatyn - Fantasy map commission

This is awesome! Thank you so much for sharing this with us, Max. I find it super helpful to watch you develop your maps. Oh, and the map itself is gorgeous!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I'd be interested in knowing what order you do your labelling in, Max. You must do the big text/names like the country names first, right? And then work everything else in around it, large to small?

By Diamond
    I'd be interested in knowing what order you do your labelling in, Max. You must do the big text/names like the country names first, right? And then work everything else in around it, large to small?
    Excellent question! I'd be glad to have a view on your method for labelling. Your so efficient in that matter!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Thanks all
    @GWN : you can find a lot of nice textures all around the Internet. I made some of my own but combining some you can find and playing with blending modes, opacity, colors layers and touches of more or less grungy brushes can make great results.
    @Diamond and Ilanthar : actually I did it in the opposite way since you can move setllements locations, I've started by placing all cities labels first the best proper way I could. Then I moved to the bigger territories labels that you can place with more freedom by using curves and kerning. Of course this means moving some cities labels (and start kind of a puzzling game) to make all things fit together .(the funniest part in this kind of map actually)

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

This map is now done and on the finished maps section, thanks guys for the comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12