Thread: Dawn: 1900BCE

Map Dawn: 1900BCE

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6t04zIl.jpg 
Views:	497 
Size:	3.18 MB 
ID:	79735

Here the latest map in my Satellite View style. It's the world of a roleplay group I take part in, controlling nations starting early in human history and progressing from there. It is an Africa-esque continent, with deserts, mountains, savannah, and jungles. There's even some Nile-esque rivers.
    Made using techniques from the Saderan Tutorial, and Bonvanello's Land Brushes.
    The clouds are this NASA composite image.
    I sourced all the colors from this satellite map of Africa.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

The land itself is a nice shape, though I don't like the font you chose or the compass. For me they just don't suit the style.

The clouds are a good touch, adding value to that satellite image style you're going for but the way they deliberately avoid the majoirty of land mass irks me a little. I understand why you did it though, but maybe if the cloud border wasn't quite so clean I'd prefer it.

That probably sounds harsher than it's meant to be, the main part of it is still good, it's those extra little details would make it better for me!

Guild Journeyer

I double what LGS said. But have to say, those clouds are just amazing. Really good job with those.

Nicely done!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh