Thread: Hi from Tasmania (Australia)

Map Hi from Tasmania (Australia)

Hi everyone. A little note suggested I introduce myself... So here goes...
    I live in Tasmania (the little island off the bottom of Australia), work in Tourism and use my spare time to go a bit crazy exploring so so so many different creative interests.
    Mapping wise, I have drifted in and out of the cartographers guild for several years and have finally decided "hang out" in a more permanent way. I love creating all sorts of things but maps and plans are among my earliest memories ... drawing full-(child)sized "cuby houses" & ships on the dirt road out the front of where I grew up.
    As a result of that childhood interest, I nearly studied Architecture, then nearly studied Geomatics (surveying and map making), did work as a draftsman for a couple of years... then escaped into tourism. For a long time I was distracted away from maps and plans by other adventures... using real maps to explore the world...
    Recently I have begun to find them again. I have not created many yet... But I am hoping that there will be more as time allows.

This is my first "big" map... It's not quite finished, but it works as it is I think?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TFifnen-Island.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	79771

(feedback more than welcome)

Banned User

Hello E'nara, welcome to the Guild!

That's a nice job with the contours and coloring, very attractive. I do have a couple of suggestions -- the lake in the crater needs an outlet of some sort, and the compass lines should probably not extend on top of or beyond the frame.

Those are nits, though. Overall a very pretty map for your first post! Have some rep

I love Tassie! Loved visiting when I was there, and IMO folks were so nice Another aussie on the boards is great too! Welcome! Also very attractive Map, I agree with Chick - the colors and the way its put together is very lovely.

Thanks for the feedback...
    I will play with a different way of doing the compass lines and the boarder in my next map...
    The crater-lake was supposed to have underground tunnel outlets either to the top of the big valley to the NW or into the 3 lakes to the NE... or maybe in both directions... I just was not sure quite how to represent that on this map...