Hi everyone. A little note suggested I introduce myself... So here goes...
I live in Tasmania (the little island off the bottom of Australia), work in Tourism and use my spare time to go a bit crazy exploring so so so many different creative interests.
Mapping wise, I have drifted in and out of the cartographers guild for several years and have finally decided "hang out" in a more permanent way. I love creating all sorts of things but maps and plans are among my earliest memories ... drawing full-(child)sized "cuby houses" & ships on the dirt road out the front of where I grew up.
As a result of that childhood interest, I nearly studied Architecture, then nearly studied Geomatics (surveying and map making), did work as a draftsman for a couple of years... then escaped into tourism. For a long time I was distracted away from maps and plans by other adventures... using real maps to explore the world...
Recently I have begun to find them again. I have not created many yet... But I am hoping that there will be more as time allows.

This is my first "big" map... It's not quite finished, but it works as it is I think?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TFifnen-Island.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	79771

(feedback more than welcome)