Quote Originally Posted by waldronate View Post
I haven't forgotten about you, I just haven't had the time to modify the piece of software that would do the hard parts. The areas are going to look a lot more like the hexagonal and pentagonal ocean regions clipped by rivers and coasts than they are the semi-rectangular areas near the coasts, but I think that I can make it work. Do you have a desired resolution (pixels wide and pixel high) for the image?

Here's an example of where I'm heading (it's not quite right on the cell boundaries and cells don't clip on rivers, but I think that I know how to fix both of those):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	t2.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	178.5 KB 
ID:	79949 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	t1.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	113.6 KB 
ID:	79948

A connectivity constraint would be a limit on how cells can be joined. Some games allow for several cells to meet at a corner; other games make it a point to allow only two cells to meet at a corner.
I'd like the pixels to be around, 4905 x 3000px

I like where it's headed so far, I think it looks really good with what you're doing at the moment. If you can't get the rivers to work, then I'd say that you don't really need to bother with those. I don't have a constraint on connectivity