Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: FEB 2016 CHALLENGE: The Goblin Emperor

Guild Adept Facebook Connected xpian's Avatar
    Golden Gate Park Panhandle, San Francisco

Seeing as this month is nearly over, I want to quickly explain why I'll have to drop out of the current contest. After progressing on the Goblin Emperor map normally through the beginning of the month, I had an unrelated, huge graphic design project dropped on me that would consume all of my time for a couple of weeks. Now that project is finally over, I naturally find that I have no time left to complete the challenge map by the deadline. I am now back to working on this map, however, and I'm fully committed to finishing it. I'll post it in the Finished Maps forums when it's done (in a few more weeks, probably).

It's disappointing, as I was really hoping to compete in this challenge. These things happen. Paying work has to take precedence over our fun projects, after all.

For what it's worth, this is where the map currently stands. Since I'm withdrawing, I'll ask that nobody vote for this (I certainly wouldn't!). Spread your votes among the finished maps.

### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FEB2016_GoblinEmperor_v06.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	4.64 MB 
ID:	80763
    _*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Open to cartographic commissions. Contact me: christian [at] stiehl.net
    christianstiehl.com

Sorry you're not going to finish in time, xpian, but yeah, paying work has to come first. We're holding you to your promise to finish it after the challenge ends! What you have so far is gorgeous.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

So sorry to hear that, Xpian - I was worrying a bit when I didn't see any updates and figured you had r/l stuff that was getting in the way. I am utterly in love with your mountain style but would just suggest to pull back the intensity of the black linework, either by making it more grey or by making the lines less wide or both. I can't wait to see the finished product. It's clear that you're going to make it look amazing from what I've seen so far.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected darcycardinal's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xpian View Post
    Seeing as this month is nearly over, I want to quickly explain why I'll have to drop out of the current contest. After progressing on the Goblin Emperor map normally through the beginning of the month, I had an unrelated, huge graphic design project dropped on me that would consume all of my time for a couple of weeks. Now that project is finally over, I naturally find that I have no time left to complete the challenge map by the deadline. I am now back to working on this map, however, and I'm fully committed to finishing it. I'll post it in the Finished Maps forums when it's done (in a few more weeks, probably).

It's disappointing, as I was really hoping to compete in this challenge. These things happen. Paying work has to take precedence over our fun projects, after all.

For what it's worth, this is where the map currently stands. Since I'm withdrawing, I'll ask that nobody vote for this (I certainly wouldn't!). Spread your votes among the finished maps.

### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FEB2016_GoblinEmperor_v06.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	4.64 MB 
ID:	80763
    I like where that map is going Xpian. The mountains look sharp.

Darcy

Well you are off to a wonderful start Xpian, even if you don't have the time to finish it for the challenge. Look forward to seeing the completed version.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Yes, I would love to see a finished version too! You got such an awesome start.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234