Thread: Map Commission for Fantasy Novel

Default Map Commission for Fantasy Novel

Hello Cartographers.

I am an author working on my debut Fantasy Novel. I have been a long time shadow of the forums, trying to learn how to make maps myself. Unfortunately, I'm a little out of my league. I need a recreation of the map I have labored over, it's just not going to cut it when it become time to publish. It needs some of those fine details that i'm just not skilled enough to do in photoshop. Such as the hard lines around the borders of the continent and rivers. The line work to fill in the background. Some to the detail in the topography etc...

I have attached a link to my map below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sakj7ucz1c...20new.jpg?dl=0

It is an Island based on the size and scale of Iceland. Rugged coastline with the capital city being on the southern coast.

Style:

I am looking for a map in the following style - http://torforgeblog.com/wp-content/u...Witchlands.jpg

Quality & Size:

Professional / semi professional
    In the future it will be included in the novel for print and most likely on the web.
    Dimensions: 11 inches by 17 inches (not sure of the optimal pixels) needs to be high enough resolution to print 300dpi at least.
    Raster / Vector: I'm not sure about this. A vector map is huge I know. Raster should be fine for print.

Budget:
    I have a limited budget for this project. I'm not sure of the expected rate for a project like this. But my budget is probably below what a professional would receive for such work.

Time Constraints:
    I don't really have any time constraints on this project. Due to my limited budget I don't thinks it fair to put a time frame on this map. I wouldn't expect this to be done for free.

Copyright :
    I will have the right to use the image for commercial purposes, the artist will have the right to exhibit the image as part of his portfolio but not to exploit it for commercial gain.

Contact Details:
    e-mail: williamdresden [at] gmail.com

Thank you all for looking at my post!

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

You've got mail.

Ferrol, Coruña, Spain, Earth, Solar System

Mail sent too...