Thread: The Carta Navegata

Map The Carta Navegata

Hey there,

Today I bring you my foray into parchment maps, as well as what is a full blown attempt at creating a fantasy universe.
    Quite a bit of effort went into this, so I hope you can enjoy it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Step 30.jpg 
Views:	5064 
Size:	6.13 MB 
ID:	79863

WIP - [Sera - World Map]
    Last edited by Alturax; 10-08-2016 at 09:17 PM.

Banned User

Woohoo, very nice !!

Congrats Alturax! This turned out beautifully and it was a pleasure to watch you develop it.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Those landforms are beautifully done, especially the sweeping curve of the Shattered Isles leading out to Etranox Terrae.

The compass rose is lovely, and I really like the font and effect you've used for the names of seas and oceans; but the font used for most of the city and town names has a more modern feel that, for me at least, makes a jarring contrast with the overall parchment look.

But I do like the attention paid to the effects of mountains on climate and vegetation--you've got some very nice rainshadows to the lee of the Inara Forest and the Loranthar Wetlands, which gives the world a deeper degree of realism. This is a textured and intriguing world, and there's more than enough here to draw me in and want to explore. The map is excellent on its own, and this looks like a great setting for novels or a wide-roaming campaign.

I just wouldn't want to lose a book from the Black Library; I have a feeling their overdue policies are downright draconian.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

A very nice map. Have some rep
    My only nitpicking wuold be on some labels. Some are unnecessarily curved when you clearly had room to have straight horizontal ones and some would need some spacing to fit the width of the lands thed depicts.

I agree with Max about the labels. But otherwise this looks very nice. I like the shape of the land-forms.

-Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Very fine map Alturax! It was a pleasant WIP to watch.

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Great work have some rep!

Question Question for the creator, Alturax

I can't get in touch with you without making 5 posts. That's why I want to connect with you this way.

Would you be willing to talk about monetizing the creation? I have an idea of tabletop rpg world, and would like to use Carta Navegata for it. If you're interested, pleace make me know

Frostwood

Beautiful map! How long did it take you to make it?