Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hothachar

Daniel really nice work, land masses are beautiful and color palette quite lovely. Not sure if your rhumb lines are off, they should actually line up with each other. You will notice that there will be fewer lines and a little cleaner. The equator and tropic of xxx could maybe be thinner or lighter. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rhumblines.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	477.3 KB 
ID:	80100

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    I love this! I think it's beautiful, you're girlfriend should be really happy with this. The colour's are really great, and I like the simple text you've chosen on the land. The only one gripe I have about it is I find the lighter labels on the land mass are a little hard to read, and even still I'd hang this on my wall in a second, it's really nice.
    Thanks kacey! Let's hope my girlfriend thinks the same! I have changed the effect on those labels slightly so it should be easier to read (:

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    It's looking definitely better, imo. I think you could work on your labels. You have plenty of space, so why not make the kingdom labels bigger? Also I would probably added a darker glow or an effect on your white labels to make them pop more.
    Thank you Ilanthar! I wanted to go with a uniform size for all the nation labels. I get where you're coming from and some probably deserve to be a little bigger. I also did what you said about the white labels. I made the outer glow a little less transparent so they pop out a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    Daniel really nice work, land masses are beautiful and color palette quite lovely. Not sure if your rhumb lines are off, they should actually line up with each other. You will notice that there will be fewer lines and a little cleaner. The equator and tropic of xxx could maybe be thinner or lighter. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rhumblines.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	477.3 KB 
ID:	80100
    Thanks snodsy! I had no knowledge about rhumb lines and after searching around on the internet I didn't feel much wiser. I did what you suggested and it does indeed look a lot cleaner this way, so thanks!

Here's the latest version of the map. I also got to finish up the key and add a scale bar. It shows Athanai miles which I assume none of you are familiar with (;p) but to give an impression, 1 Athanai mile resembles just over 1 kilometer, or about 3/4 of a mile.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hothachar 5.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	6.38 MB 
ID:	80114

As always let me know what you think!

-Dan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12