Thread: Hothachar

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Good start! I like the color choices. I agree with ChickPea about the coastlines. You could reduce the thickness, I think. And the coastal lines are a good idea but it would be better without the white between them (with a multiply effect perhaps?).
    The background texture is a bit too strong (at full size only, though). I like the frame and the global style.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Good start! I like the color choices. I agree with ChickPea about the coastlines. You could reduce the thickness, I think. And the coastal lines are a good idea but it would be better without the white between them (with a multiply effect perhaps?).
    The background texture is a bit too strong (at full size only, though). I like the frame and the global style.
    Thanks Ilanthar! I have done some work in the coastlines. I put a dark brown color overlay on them and put an overlay effect on the coastal lines as well as reduced the opacity. I didn't reduce de thickness because I think it won't be an issue after its printed.

I made some progress on the map. I changed the border slightly so the symbols now connect with each other. I also added some important cities to the map. I have started working on the ocean, adding rhumb lines and labels but I'm not sure I like the look of it yet. Maybe the labels need to be moved around a little or maybe I have just spend so much time working with empty oceans that I have to get used to them being filled in now ;p I'd like to hear what you guys think about it and go with that.

I think I'll lower the opacity on the ocean labels and rhumb lines a little to make them blend a little more with the background, as they seem a little to heavy as they are now.

Here's the map as I have it now:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hothachar 3.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	6.35 MB 
ID:	80043

As always let me know what you think!

-Dan