I have put my multiple-city map on hold because I wanted to get started on this map. This map is going to be a birthday present for my girlfriend. Her birthday is only in april, but I had no idea how long a map like this would take me so I figured I'd best start sooner than later. The image is 13000 x 7000 pixels and is going to be printed on a 90 x 180cm poster.

The map shows the world of Hothachar, in which the regions I previously mapped can be found. It shows the different continents and on those continents it shows cultural borders. The cultural borders are defined by religious, cultural and ethnic differences between the people of Hothachar. Within those cultural regions the map shows political borders and capital cities.

At this point it is getting tedious to work on this map since the file size is bigger than my compter wants to handle. I generally work on all the elements in a basic map showing only coastline, elevations and political borders, and then import those elements into the real map.

The map is not done yet. I'm planning on adding rivers, important cities that are not capitals and finishing the key.

I'm very proud of the result so far, it has turned out way better than I expected it to when I started. Still I would like your input on the map to hopefully make it an even better gift for my girlfriend.

Here is a low quality image of the map, but I think it will suffice ;p
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hothachar.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	5.23 MB 
ID:	79880

(interesting fact: except for the easternmost continent all the continent shapes are inspired by the damage left on my old bedroom wall at my parents house after they tore the wallpaper of the wall.