Thread: Hand-drawn WIP: Braid

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Here's what we've got now: I'm roughing in where to put the buildings, roads, and dirt tracks. Roads will be textured in ink, and tracks will just be colored brown in pencil. Thinking a little bit about whether it's going to be too crowded, but I believe it's OK. Once I get all that stuff laid out, I will figure out where to put labels and then start inking.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7949.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	2.47 MB 
ID:	80180

On the scratch side of things, here are a few ideas for bridges, flagstone roads, and some playing around for the compass (which will go in the lower left of the map). I'm going off of ChickPea's idea of celtic knots - that wasn't actually what I originally thought of for the river, but that idea seems perfect! I should look at pictures of actual celtic knots instead of trying to invent something, though.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7948.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	2.40 MB 
ID:	80181
    I am thinking of taking the bridges on the right - probably the arched one - and making sure that the posts look more vertical and isometric; then I will pair that with the isometric houses and the forest that I was looking at before.

I'm a little annoyed at this pad of paper. It's not my usual brand and I think the ink is bleeding too much.
    Last edited by jshoer; 02-13-2016 at 11:01 AM. Reason: whoops, it was ChickPea, not Chick!