Thread: A Hoosier Says Hello

Default A Hoosier Says Hello

Good site. I'm new. I map solely in Excel using backgrounds, largely because I've yet to find a reasonably priced mapping utility that isn't overwhelming and/or finicky. Time is also a factor; namely, I lack it. I work long hours and have kids in sports...I bet a good number of folks can relate.

I do all of my PbP gaming at EN World, and enjoy sporadic tabletop gaming at home with my daughters. I'd like to thank @industrygothica for encouraging me to join. I've visited CG a time or two over the years but until today have never joined.

Welcome to the Guild CanadienneBacon.

Actually, there are some good free or cheap forms of software out there. GIMP is a powerful graphics software similar to Photoshop and is absolutely free. There are heaps of tutorials for GIMP in the tutorials section. Fractal terrains is relatively inexpensive and can produce some really nice results for regional/world maps. Inkscape is a great free vector program and there are a handful of tutorials here on how to produce maps with this software.

Wish you all the best in your mapping endeavors.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh