Thread: A New World

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map A New World

Hello!

So, I recently began to develop an interest in Dungeons and Dragons after I was invited to a game, and I offered to help my DM make a map.

Now, I had no previous experience in making maps, so this was simply something for me to try my hand at, and I quickly found out that it was a really fun process! So, after making the map I began reading a bit more online too, which is how I stumbled onto this site, so I know of some of the mistakes with my map - for example rivers splitting a bit too much, which is supposed to be a rare occurrence.

I don't have a tonne of talent when it comes to art, but I've done a bit of calligraphy, so I decided that drawing the map in ink would be the way to go. I absolutely love the maps from Tolkien's books, so that was my primary source for inspiration.

The map was done first in pencil, and then I went over it in ink. There is a bit of smudging in places due to carelessness on my part.

I guess the point of making this post is seeking advice, critique, and anything else you can think of! Seeing how much I enjoyed making this map, I am pretty sure that I will make more in time. I've rambled on for quite a bit, so... yeah, let me know what you all think!

Edit: Oh, also to mention, there are few cities as only capital cities are shown.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	World Map.jpg 
Views:	379 
Size:	5.35 MB 
ID:	80002
    Last edited by Karikor; 02-07-2016 at 05:42 PM.