Quote Originally Posted by industrygothica View Post
I think your scale is a bit off. Look at it again with a scale bar attached this time and see what I mean.

Pulling from the d&d 4e Player's Handbook (because it's the only one I have readily available), an average person can walk 3 miles an hour, or 30 miles in a day - which is about the size of the area you have walled off. That means it'll take the inhabitants of this town a full day to get from one end to the other, and another to get back home again.

This map is big enough to serve as an overland map with multiple towns and villages, then you can map each settlement individually. I'd think that a large-sized fantasy city wouldn't be more than about 5 miles end-to-end, and small villages just a speck on the overland map.

To put it in perspective, at this scale your towers are about 2 miles in diameter, and your bridge is about 8 miles long.

You might also try redrawing the borders on your own so the base area doesn't look so blown-up. Play with the land textures and colors a bit until you find something you like.

Hope that helps!

-IG
yeah, scale's not that great of a friend with me.. I get lost in all that, I never could get it.

I guess I'll try something else then, but that was just a general idea of how I saw the land.