Thread: Looking for recreation of my maps.

Guild Applicant

Default Looking for recreation of my maps.

Hello all,

My name is Nicholas Trask, and I am the author of Whispers of Darkness (Book 1 of the Divine Order series). What I am looking for is to commission a cartographer to recreate the current maps I already have, and also add two kingdoms to them. The issue I have with the current maps is they were created in a landscape format, and I need them in portrait format. Also, the maps have a copyrighted font that needs to be changed.

There are two continents in this earth size world (only two known to man). What I would like is to turn the four different maps I have into two different portrait size maps. There are six kingdoms, and currently what I have is a map created for each kingdom, which I have had to split in two in order to print them in the book. The end result I would like is to be able to have two kingdoms on one single page, instead of one kingdom across two pages. (I hope this makes sense). I understand that doing this will make the font really small, and that is fine. As long as I can have the maps on one page. The page sizes for the book are 6"x9", A5, and 4.25"x6.88".

I currently have four maps professionally rendered, I wouldn't care if you had to change the style, but I would like the same kind of theme. As I said before, I only have 4 out of the 6 rendered, so I would need the third page (two kingdoms) made from scratch. I do have rough sketches of them available. I can also provide the jpeg files of all the other kingdoms as well.

I am willing to pay, and if you PM me we can discuss payment arrangements. I prefer to use PayPal.

There is no current timeframe for this, as I am still writing the second book. Which I would need the new map made for. I would like to have copyright of them as well. Although the artist can use them for whatever purpose they seem fit, like a portfolio etc...

Thank you for any assistance with this.
    Respectfully,
    Nicholas Trask

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Could you post an image of one of the maps you have so we can get an impression of what you have in mind?

Ferrol, Coruña, Spain, Earth, Solar System

Hey, I am interested in the request. You can contact with me at info [@] versakestudio [dot] com (compose the correct email address before use the email). Send me an email to this address and we can talk about the project.

Guild Member

Hi Nicholas,

I would like to see what you need. Contact me here stratarealm at gmail

Thank You

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

Same here. You can check my work on the Guild. If you're interested, please contact me at pieter [dot] rottiers [at] gmail [dot] com
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

Guild Applicant

Hello everyone, sorry I haven't been on here in a while. I will post up a map here shortly. I'm on my phone and I need to search for them through emails. I would prefer to communicate through email.

But I have a lot of offers. If anyone is still interested could you send me a link to your gallery so I can see what work you have done before?

Thanks everyone!
    Nick

Guild Applicant

I keep getting emails saying I have a message but the forum says I have no new messages. Please email me directly nicktemt (at) gmail dot com