Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: February 2016 Challenge: Blood Song by Anthony Ryan

Default February 2016 Challenge: Blood Song by Anthony Ryan

Just finishing the last of the trilogy, so I'm going to have a go with a map. The author's existing map is a bit plain. Here is where I am so far, playing with styles etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard Image.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	416.8 KB 
ID:	80087  

Oh wow! Excited to see this. I absolutely loved Blood Song (first book was amazing, 2nd was all right, third is still languishing on my Kindle!)

The map in the book is a bit plain, so I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do with it.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Very cool to see you again in a challenge Ravells! I'm curious to see what you'll come up with .

Guild Apprentice

I have also read that book - not really top end fantasy for me but readable.
    I agree that the map is quite bland and primitive. It will be interesting to see what you'll do with it.

Thanks guys. Not sure if I'll finish it in time. I'm busy making a typeface (for maps). I'm hoping that I'll be able to use it in this one but it takes ages. Totally with you on the quality of the books. The ideas, I thought were terrific but the quality of writing less so and books got progressively less entertaining - but still worth a read. The sub-editor needs to learn the difference between the words 'uninterested' and 'disinterested' and there are favourite overused words and expressions: gazes always 'track' and an emotion is invariably 'unalloyed'. All that said, it was a pleasant read as Gudern said.

Right, back to the map and font!

best

Ravs

Some progress today. Working on the unified realm and just getting things into position. If you're wondering why there are no capital letters in the town/city names it's because I haven't yet finished the caps for the font! The region typeface is IM Fell. Once I've done the caps for the town font I'll do the labelling hierarchy properly.

Name:	Clipboard Image.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	147.7 KB 
ID:	80136  

The font is looking nice. I like the delicate little serifs on it. Also the first image has me wondering what everyone else's desktop looks like as well. =P
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Heh, I've been playing a lot of Elite Dangerous, hence the desktop!

I've now finished making the capitals of the typeface. I need to do another all caps typeface for capital cities.

Name:	Clipboard Image (1).jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	129.3 KB 
ID:	80221  

Looking nice. I like the colour palette you've chosen.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

It's looking good. Very nice rivers.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast