Hey people,

As I am already finding myself getting restless doing the city map I am working on I thought creating another map between bouts would ease the stress and should hopefully keep me motivated. So I had an idea that I would create a new map, just a small one to start with, and post progress etc. up here. I am a very slow mapper, I tend to lose focus easily and after five minutes of work, sit back and stare at the screen for ten minutes as I try to decide how to proceed. One step forward, two steps back.

Maybe to try and combat that situation or at the very least learn how much time I actually waste, I've decided to do this new map in a timed manner. I will post an updated image to the thread after every hour of work. I'm not trying to make this a speed map and do it as fast as I can, I just want the images to show regular progression however fast or slow that may be. I have my timer in front of me ready to go and when the alarm sounds I will take a new screenshot and restart the timer.
Also, when I upload an image I will try to describe what I did and where the time went and in that way I guess it may end up like a mini-tutorial on my style.

Right, just as a start I allowed myself 5 minutes to sketch out the map, in this case an island, so I had something to post here rather than just words.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Basic_Timed_Map_Sketch.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	165.7 KB 
ID:	80119

Ok, off we go...