Thread: WIP - The Kingdons of Namarias

Default WIP - The Kingdons of Namarias

Hello there people I've been working in a map for quite a while. I have a good part of the lore of this place already.

The first version of the map is this one:

http://qoff.deviantart.com/art/O-Rei...rias-522886553

Ignore the names of the places in this map, the names are kind of random so I could have an idea of where to put the places.

I worked in this map for a very long time but my skills aren't great with photoshop, so I never been able to finish it, since the forests look gross, the mountains are the worse, etc.

So I tried to change it a while, and I'm working in a new version of the map, which is this one: http://i.imgur.com/M1n8i5y.jpg

For this second version I used the textures of Inkarnate and some effects of CC. But I must say that I don't like this second version because I'm using things already made, I want to be able to tell: "I did it by myself"

So I ask you guys, what would you do with this maps?

A few things about the lore:

This region was once ruled by someone which was called by "The Tyrant King" for the people, after this powerful creature was banished from that plane the Kingdom of Namarias passed through a civil war and new kingdons were formed. The first version of this map don't have borders, it was made thinking in the time of this Tyrant King, the second version is after his fall.

I want that the final map if from that period, after the fall. After this fall the following kingdons were formed:

- Lothenia, which is that region in the second map with the cities (the other kingdons don't have cities yet in the current version). This is a Kingdon of humans but they are nice with every kind of race, they're powerful but preffer a good friendship than have to fight.

- The Twin Kingdons: The regions of the mountains are one kingdom (both in the continent and in the Island), but each of that regions are ruled by a different dwarf, which for some reason are always twins.

- Asphur: In the island bordering the Twin Kingdom of the east there is Asphur (in the volcano area), a kingdon of humans but a weak kingdon with constant rebelions and under menace of a invasion of its north neighbour.

- Nhish: In the continent bordering the south part of Lothenia there is Nhish, a elven kingdon which is very xenophobic, they don't like outsiders afterall.

- The Empire of the Great Towers: Bordering Nhish and the desert there is the Empire of the Great Towers, by the time of the Tyrant King those towers were used to drain the magi power of magic users to made a barrier agains the magic desert that was advancing under the continente, after his fall the mages rebeled and took over the towers, now they are a Magocracy and don't allow non magic users there.

- The Widow Desert: Once that desert was the place of great cities and powerful civilizations, but for some reason that magic desert grow up there forcing people to leave or die, there is several lost cities and ruins there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mapa Atualizado.png 
Views:	84 
Size:	9.24 MB 
ID:	80207 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Namarias.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	811.7 KB 
ID:	80206
    Last edited by Qoff; 02-15-2016 at 11:00 AM.

Sorry for the double post, I've edited and uploaded the maps here so people would be able to see the maps without a external link.