Thread: Jan / Feb 2016 Lite Challenge: Crypts of Asaak

Guild Novice Facebook Connected JustinSlick's Avatar

Default Jan / Feb 2016 Lite Challenge: Crypts of Asaak

Hey guys, so my goal here is to get better at sci-fi style graphics, and I really like those cut-away 3d/isometric maps of Egyptian tombs they always seem to show when you're channel flipping and end up watching "Ancient Aliens" for five minutes. So when I saw the theme I immediately thought of the holographic map table in Prometheus and thought it would be cool to try to do a tomb complex in that style.

This is a really rough, simple WIP; the little UI graphics were just improvised quickly and the text is lorem-ipsum gibberish.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map-WIP-01.png 
Views:	83 
Size:	119.5 KB 
ID:	80196

I actually have the map section modeled out (just using simple cube primitives like in the 2d version), and have tried a couple different elevation layouts. But I'm discovering that it's gonna take some experimentation to get the holo style to read cleanly.

I don't think I'll have this done for the end of the challenge, but I think there's a better chance I'll eventually finish it if I make a thread. So anyway, not much to see yet, but I'll try to at least add some updates before the end.
    Last edited by Bogie; 02-14-2016 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Duplicate image

Welcome to the challenge Justin. less than 24 hrs to go.

And don't forget, you need to use the ### Latest WIP ### Thingy to get your map on the Thumbnails.
    Last edited by Bogie; 02-14-2016 at 12:26 AM.