Quote Originally Posted by goatdealer View Post
Many thanks for all your comments.

The shadows were not intended to match
I was attempting to make the shadows reflect the lighting supplied by the position of the lit candles. There are four light sources in the Tavern, two on the north wall, one on the table with 5 chairs and one in the east corner. I figured that the light from these would cause the shadowing to be different. Maybe it shows this clearer in DD3, or maybe fantasy maps should not be too realistic
Its difficult to pick when its your own map, what do people think, realistic or artistic?

Ok... I understand the effect you are going for(so it makes more sense to me now), but it's rather tricky to pull off. For example, the "couch" facing fireplace is very close to 3 separate light sources and they are almost all the same distance but from 3 different directions. How do you resolve at this point? Likewise, the table that is almost dead center between the table with 5 chairs and the booth where both have lights. "I" would say just put a tiny dark glow around each object to give it a bit of depth and call it a night....