Thread: Finised map of Mincanti

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Map Finished map of Mincanti

Hello everyone

This is my finished map for the world I'm making. This particular area is based around a Greco-Roman theme. It is the Empire of Mincanti, a kingdom that is similar to the Spartans of ancient Greece, but they are actually Minotaurs.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mincanti 50.JPG 
Views:	206 
Size:	607.3 KB 
ID:	80352  
    Last edited by Tonnichiwa; 02-17-2016 at 09:34 PM.

This one was saved right before I put the border around this, but sadly, my computer crashed and deleted the original with the border. So I guess I will put this one up too so you can get a closer look, minus the border of course.

Name:	Mincanti 30.PNG 
Views:	110 
Size:	7.96 MB 
ID:	80353  

Yesterday I was at work and became very frustrated when my computer crashed and I lost my work. I thought I was done with my map and posted it in the done area. Anyway, in frustration I posted the incomplete large version of the map so you guys could at least see all of the detail.

So I apologize for my hastiness.

Today, I am going to post my re-made map with a much better border than yesterday. This time I actually had the time at work to do this so I was able to get it done.

I didn't want the border to be too fancy because the map was supposed to have been drawn by a person from a fictional classical Greek era, where geometric shapes were not as complicated as in later years, so the border is pretty basic compared to the super artistic ones you see a lot of. But I think it fits the theme really well.

Enjoy

Name:	Mincanti B.JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	607.0 KB 
ID:	80403  
    Last edited by Tonnichiwa; 02-19-2016 at 01:03 AM.

New border looks really nice, and the map looks great. I like how you've defined the fields in the western areas. That works really well. Great job.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Apart from the sea and coastline, it's looking good Tonnichiwa! Computer crashes... Saves (a lot of) are your best friends!

Thanks Chick Pea and Ilanthar. I was looking for ways to change the sea so that it didn't look like just a bitmap fill but with campaign cartographer I just couldn't find it and I'm not really familiar with how to do much with Gimp yet. I'm sure there is a way but I have yet to find it.

Beyond not liking the bitmap fill for the ocean, what do you find wrong with the coastline Ilanthar?

Well, it's only a matter of taste I guess but I tend to prefer a more clear separation water/land with a line work and not only colors. But really, a matter of taste, nothing wrong, we can easily depict what is land and what is water on your map .

Ah, ok. It is something I will keep in mind for my next overland map, Thank you

Just a compositional suggestion, there's a lot of empty space in this map. It might draw the reader's eye a little more if some of the ocean were cropped off to make the land area a larger part of the view extent.