Thread: Our nightmares!

Default Our nightmares!

I remember when I tryed to make serious maps for the first time, my mountains were my "bęte noire", or nightmare if you prefer English over french.
    Now, coastlines and ravines (but ravines don't fit well apparently with my style I was told [maybe I want to believe it because I have a hard time ?_?]).

So share your nightmares so we can all laugh togheter about our own self of the past! Here is my first map I ever kept trace of. I remember how I would always complain that my pencils could never do the thin lines I had in mind. Just glad I gave up on that mountain style. Had to non-stop sharpen my pencil. Worst! It would fade with time so I had to redo them after a while! Oh my goodness...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kastos.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	2.55 MB 
ID:	83973
    Last edited by Elterio Delgard; 05-27-2016 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Spelling again.........

Well, I can't draw by hand AT ALL, so I use a program - cc3+ to make my maps. I still consider myself a new mapper, I just started a few months back. What would I consider my mapping nightmare? Framing. Sometimes the frame that comes with the template I'm using just doesn't work for me...but I have absolutely no idea how to make decorative borders. I've tried a few times, and always end up throwing my hands up in frustration.

I understand the concept, such as using an angled corner so the framing forms a 90 degree angle at the map corners. But for the life of me, I can NEVER get my angles to line up correctly! And trying to draw a decorative border around my maps? Forget it, it's not happening. I'm trying to draw with a mouse, and I have shaky hands. One of the reasons why I can't draw!
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm