Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Browann Mill

Default Browann Mill

Browann Mill is about half a day's travel from Carremvek and serves the village and surrounding farms. It is a tower mill with fixed sails which doesn't tend to be a problem as the wind for the most part generally comes from the east (the view is south facing). Like much of the duchy now though it is starting to look a bit dilapidated. There are half a dozen farm houses within the immediate vicinity of the mill and lots more scattered to the east and west. The mill also includes a BREAD OVEN.

The mill tower is actually a reused ruin. The stone architecture of a past civilisation consisted of round and apsidal buildings with distinctive rib-like decorative elements.

I started working on this today for a change of pace. I'm hoping to finish it tomorrow although there is all the shading and such to do yet and lots of details. And then I plan to work on Carruport again. My projects might seem all spread out but I don't mind because they are all currently interconnected.

I also decided to go for a side view instead of a perspective view on the building this time partly inspired by JEdward's previous building.

Credit for the plan view wall pattern fill goes to Steffan Brand.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	browenmill.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	347.7 KB 
ID:	75833  
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Nice map. I really like the side view illustration.

Looks very nice, one day I wish to do sth similar in JEdwards style.
    I'm allergic to pollen! - Amaranthus hypochondriacus

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

This will be great to watch unfold. Nice details already, those are some fine looking furnishings.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Almost done. Just more shading to do on the main building. Labels will be pretty simple.

Name:	browenmill_WiP.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	348.0 KB 
ID:	75877  

Better and better!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Yes, lots of like from me. I think the table with the knife on it in the lower room might be missing its south-side shadow. See, this is so great that all I can nit pick about is a small line of gray pixels.

cheers,
    Meshon

I hadn't spotted that missing shadow. What do you mean by small line, by the way?

I think I am most done with this now.

Name:	browenmill_WiP.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	447.6 KB 
ID:	75898  

Larb,

Love the map. This sort of reminds me of the Broadleaf hall map that I was working on. It makes me wonder how to use circular spaces like in my round tower and in the mill that you've drawn.

The quarter-circle stairway that leads up to the next floor seems logical. Would you lock off the 2nd floor with a door at the top of the stairs? Would you cut up the second floor into smaller spaces or would that seem too claustrophobic?

Any ideas?

Great work!
    -Green Pilgrim
    Larger copies of my maps located on flickr and can be used for your enjoyment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast