Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Unnamed Regional Map (WIP) - Concept Test

Really beautiful job, like how the hills pop out of the forests, although the forests are dense I think it's nice. You may either want to make a couple of your label frames slightly larger or make your text slightly smaller, since on a few they are really, really tight to the edges. To stay consistent I'd just reduce the font 1-2 pts. Nice job, looking forward to seeing more.

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

I'm not certain if I can "fix" the issue with the brush I've used for the forests. It's a custom full color brush, not just an outline brush. If I used the latter the end result would look utterly horrible as there would be a constant overlap, and avoiding that would make drawing it all by hand look like a short breeze of a task in comparison. What I've done here is use the full brush, fill it in from north to south, then select it all with CTRL+Leftclick on Layer, added a new layer on which I used a 1px stroke. Can't go less bold then 1px.

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    Really beautiful job, like how the hills pop out of the forests, although the forests are dense I think it's nice. You may either want to make a couple of your label frames slightly larger or make your text slightly smaller, since on a few they are really, really tight to the edges. To stay consistent I'd just reduce the font 1-2 pts. Nice job, looking forward to seeing more.
    Hey Snodsy, I only placed the labels there so you guys could get a bit of an idea for the naming and the locations I was shooting for; they aren't even part of my working file.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123