Thread: Map of the AD&D 2e Cosmology, v2.0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Journeyer Guild Sponsor Klaus van der Kroft's Avatar

Hey guys!

Time to return to this project.

Got the Outer Planes done today; these are the various afterlifes of Dungeons & Dragons, from the impressive Seven Mounting Heavens of Celestia, where the souls of the good and lawful get to spend an eternity trying to better themselves while climbing ever higher, to the Infinite Layers of the Abyss, where chaos and evil give way to an endless number of hells that range wildly in nature (so much that there are rumours of some good places showing up in the Abyss by virtue of the randomness of the plane). In this cosmology, Outer Planes may have Layers, which are sort of sub-planes that may manifest either as completely separate realities that are tied together by their alignment (such as the case of Hades, which has three layers that, while connected through various metaphysical routes, are basically different planes) or as parts of the same whole (such as in the Nine Hells of Baator, where each layer is directly beneath the previous one, best exemplified by how the torturous city of Jangling Hither in the Third Hell of Minauros hangs from monumental chains supposedly anchored on the underbelly of the previous one, even though the bottom of Dis is so far away you can't actually see it).

I'm still debating on whether or not adding the courses of the rivers Styx and Oceanus, but since they touch on so many planar layers and not being sure how to represent that without looking odd, I'll leave them out for now until I figure a proper way.

Only remaining stuff should be the Demiplanes of the Deep Ethereal, and then it's time to start composing the actual map with all the different elements.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Outer Planes.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	6.01 MB 
ID:	85992
    Last edited by Klaus van der Kroft; 08-01-2016 at 08:38 PM.