Thread: Recruitment Academy and Themesi Psi

Post Recruitment Academy and Themesi Psi

I don't like grouping these two together as they are for different settings, however they were completed at the same time and for essentially the same purpose. I also don't want to spam the forum on my first day, so here they are together! These two were made for recently begun games of Pathfinder and Stars Without Number respectively.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Uni 6 electric boogaloo copy.png 
Views:	111 
Size:	900.9 KB 
ID:	80848

The first is the Pathfinder Society Recruitment Academy. I knew very few details at the start, except that it'd want a university style and that it was primarily for player reference. I studied a collection of UK and NA campus maps and mixed a few interesting elements together, resulting in the coloured buildings with light green grass backdrop. For the building shapes I was given a lore reference google document of what each building looks like from within, so I inferred from there. I used pen tool (for the first time) for the lighter white pathways and some standard layer filters for most of the effects. Obviously the Society logo is from Paizo, but the rest was made as I worked on it. The map uses transparent space as it's for use as a handout specifically, rather than a background.

I'm still not entirely happy with the level of polish, but the players like it and I have spent enough time trying different styles as it is.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SWN Redux 3fix2.png 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	80849

This one was made because I was itching to clean up the sector map we were using at the time. It's born from a generated SWN hex map over HQ Nasa photography (as so many SWN campaign maps are). I wanted to quickly be able to see what planet was where so I made sure to duplicate the names and highlight the system tiles. I added the sector alien populations as a little tab in the top right, and intended to do another set of tiles between the map and the title for the sector factions. However to keep it visually interesting I felt I needed to add the faction flags as well as the labels - which weren't available. I reverted the design, as it was still very easy to get the faction information outside the map.

This was an exercise in completing a simple project in a day and releasing it as soon as the gm in question was happy. I'm noticing some minor alignment problems now, but I feel as if that might be an illusion based on how the Bevil and Emboss style effected the highlighted tiles. Otherwise, very happy with how it turned out.

Thanks for reading and viewing.

First off, welcome to the Guild Chalkface! These are fun pieces. The Pathfinder Recruitment Academy is very clear and well laid out. Great work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh