Thread: November Entry: GRX593 - Kalpana

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Very nice, and that looks like Traveller notation for the planetery data too!

It's really odd how the eye interprets ellipses as not necessarily as ellipses seen flat on but as circles in perspective with some of the orbits but not others (for me, anyway). There must be some cues which make it so, but I'm not sure what they are.

looks great now

love the background now to, and the sun is 100% better
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone," it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many things."

"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master -- that's all."

-Lewis Carrol: Through the Looking Glass

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    It's really odd how the eye interprets ellipses as not necessarily as ellipses seen flat on but as circles in perspective with some of the orbits but not others (for me, anyway). There must be some cues which make it so, but I'm not sure what they are.
    I was worried about the crossing ellipses on the outer ice giant would look as if the moons were going to hit each other. Instead they look fine with the orbit of the moon crossing the pole looking as if it's inside the other moon.

I added the Traveller stuff as someone mentioned the game in the challenge thread. Besides, it gives us some data to play with if we Traveller players want to use it. If I've got time over the month, there should be more in-jokes to come.

I'm very pleased on how this has turned out. I had to follow the Campaign Cartographer Issue 22 Annual manual (and the starfield one) closely to get the results I wanted. After a number of false starts, this one came together nicely. Only one bit of post-work, to polish the sun up a bit.
    Google Groups for FGII Games:
    European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games