Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thurian Age

Map Thurian Age

Just noticed that I never posted this to finished maps.
    This was my entry for the regular challenge, Re-map a Pulp Fiction map, back in January.
    I try to always post these in Finished Maps, in case someone wasn't following the challenges.
    So here it is. Ilanthar suggested a color version, which might happen when there's time... which there isn't right now.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thurian Age [N] by sirinkman.jpg 
Views:	875 
Size:	2.62 MB 
ID:	81056

That is incredible... just amazing.... :O

This was a beautiful piece.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Beautiful map !
    The mountains that are beyond the edge of the sphere are of the best effect.
    And I'm agree with Ilanthar, a color version should be very interesting.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

This is amazing, a real masterpiece of B&W design. Color could be nice, but there's so many interesting textures going on here, it'd almost feel redundant in my opinion. I guess I like it so much the way it is, I don't want to see any other version

Great map, with such an incredible perspective. I very selfishly asked for a colored version since it's a source of inspiration for me...
    I can't help myself, I just want more of JE maps !
    Plus, I know you have already such great maps still in WIP (often close to an end, though).

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    This was a beautiful piece.
    Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thanks Arhseesh
    Quote Originally Posted by takashi_tk View Post
    Beautiful map !
    The mountains that are beyond the edge of the sphere are of the best effect.
    And I'm agree with Ilanthar, a color version should be very interesting.
    Thanks takashi
    Quote Originally Posted by Lingon View Post
    This is amazing, a real masterpiece of B&W design. Color could be nice, but there's so many interesting textures going on here, it'd almost feel redundant in my opinion. I guess I like it so much the way it is, I don't want to see any other version
    Well Lingon, if I end up doing it, maybe I can do it so different that it will feel like a different map.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Great map, with such an incredible perspective. I very selfishly asked for a colored version since it's a source of inspiration for me...
    I can't help myself, I just want more of JE maps !
    Plus, I know you have already such great maps still in WIP (often close to an end, though).
    Thanks Ilanthar
    Yeah, sadly there are too many maps that need finishing and so little time right now.
    If I end up doing the color, it will be a bit later in the queue.

Awesome work J. not only you have an incredible drawing skill, but your ideas too are amazing! the "layout" is very original, and you achieved it very good! The noise effect on the sea give that bit more of deep!
    I will give you rep as soon as I can, long time since I posted, need to spread rep around!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast