Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Known Lands of Carcerem -- Commission

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Map The Known Lands of Carcerem -- Commission

Well, this one took me a looooong time (and not just because the client never really got around providing me with labels of his own) and is probably my most work-intensive and complex map to date.

A single continent, cut off from rest of the world through a giant chain of mountains and treacherous seas.

Map preview at 50% because the full thing's file is just too large.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carcerem_50percent_by_stratomunchkin-d9uzksg.jpg 
Views:	323 
Size:	3.10 MB 
ID:	81103

Here's a link to the full image at my DeviantArt Stash.
    Last edited by Wired; 03-13-2016 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Added link to full image

A very own "voice", so to speak. Well done! I really love the mountains. I wish we'd have a higher resolution so that i could zoom in more to see the details...as it stands the forests and city icons are too tiny to really comment on. But the overall feel of the map is awesome. Lots of flavor.
    If i can, i'll Rep. you.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    A very own "voice", so to speak. Well done! I really love the mountains. I wish we'd have a higher resolution so that i could zoom in more to see the details...as it stands the forests and city icons are too tiny to really comment on. But the overall feel of the map is awesome. Lots of flavor.
    If i can, i'll Rep. you.
    I've added a link to the full version. Got a crappy internet connection so I wasn't sure the file would upload without problems...

Nice map with a lot of personnal touch. I like that. The colors are wonderfull and there is so much things in this map that it' s a pleasure to watch it a gain and again. Just a bug for me, the labels of the cities... The dark borders are too accentuated imo. Congratulations for this commission.

Very nice map. I really like the colours and all small details.
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

Lovely work! The borders and compass rose are really well done too. One to be proud of.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

the work on clouds and waves is particularly well done and original, great map!

Well done Wired! That is a great map! I really like how you did the forest, and the waves too! But also the clouds and the border! In fact the only thing I could criticize is how you represented the flags over the cities, they are barely recognizable even from close look, but anyway, great job!!

Quote Originally Posted by Warlin View Post
    Nice map with a lot of personnal touch. I like that. The colors are wonderfull and there is so much things in this map that it' s a pleasure to watch it a gain and again. Just a bug for me, the labels of the cities... The dark borders are too accentuated imo. Congratulations for this commission.
    Thank you. As for the stroke on the city labels... without one they would have been hard to make out, especially in the 50% preview I use on most sites, and with a thinner stroke than I used the same is true to some extent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clercon View Post
    Very nice map. I really like the colours and all small details.
    Thank you, I'm glad you like the little touches I put into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Lovely work! The borders and compass rose are really well done too. One to be proud of.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thank you, Arsheesh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Francissimo View Post
    the work on clouds and waves is particularly well done and original, great map!
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by lesopeso View Post
    Well done Wired! That is a great map! I really like how you did the forest, and the waves too! But also the clouds and the border! In fact the only thing I could criticize is how you represented the flags over the cities, they are barely recognizable even from close look, but anyway, great job!!
    Thank you! The flags presented a problem, as making them completely representative of the house coats of arms woulf have meant larger location symbols, probably doubled in size, actually. I know that grouping the larger flag depictions with the coats of arms and then placing the same, but decreased in size flag depictions on the relevant towns and cities was suboptimal, but I could come up with no idea to rectify that particular problem.

Great work. Love the color and details to it. Well done.

My only thought at first glance is the Ashlands could use a little more attention to details and color. But that's a minor thing.

Wait, i've changed my mind. it's all ruined! RUINED! Start over! wink

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast