Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [WIP] Unnamed map, fragment.

Good start! I wanna see more!

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Thanks Abu, lingon and Lesopeso! IŽll try to upload something else in the few hours, as soon as ppl at my work stop sending me tons of things to do and get some time to work a bit more in the map. Its good t hear that the shading doesnt look weird, which what was of the things that I was afraid of.

@Lingon
    For the moments I was thinking in leaving the linework of the mountains as they are, but for sure IŽm gonna try to make few of them a bit thicker just to see how they behave, and if it works great then IŽll be doing it in all the mountains as well. Most of those mountains were done without any sketch or previous idea and since I wanted to move a bit faster with this map I didnt pay too much attention to them. Thanks for the advice, IŽm gonna try it

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Wip

IŽm just passing by to leave another stage of the map, this time I added some basics colors that are guiding me a bit and part of the forest. This week has been complicated for me and I barely had time to get some time to work this map. Now I'm working on the coast a little bit, I want to create somethign different in the water that could help me to enhance my map. The western part is almost not worked at all, I guess that IŽll be using some time today to fix that.

Enjoy!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIP04.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	905.0 KB 
ID:	81292

Looking good, really pleasant paintery going on there. Are those cracks in the earth at the lower part of the map there?

A note about the large river emptying into the north bay there, I also am always tempted to put rives in scoops of the coast, but many rivers, the larger ones especially, actually drag the coast out after them. If you look at the Mississippi where it empties out you'll see that is has moved so much land and deposited it at the mouth that it extends way beyond the natural coast line.

Edit: Oh also it goes from coast to coast which doesn't happen.

The river system seems indeed a bit hazardous . It should be fixed if you want to put some physical reality in your map. But i guess you're more on the artistic feeling of the map making, and Gravity is so uniformly boring sometimes. So, your mountains ridges are beautifully done and in a painterly manner that i wonder how it will happear without the linedraw (same comment with the cost) ? Like Lingon said (i have the same problem with keeping the same width in my drawing) keep the same width if you choose to keep it. Waiting your next update, it' s a good job so far.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12