Thread: November Entry: Icarus Starlane

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

uh oh, i better hurry with my project, the entries keep looking more and more like mine!

this one looking very much like mine!

but i love the whole 'side view of the galaxy' thing. But wheres the core? must large galaxies have a large black hole at the very center (the milky way galaxy has a black hole 4 trillion times the size of our sun) that is not actually sucking in anything.

And also, there seems to be to many stars on the outside of the galaxy. I read somewhere (sometime yesterday i think) that there are rarely and stars in the void (for lack of better wording) between galaxies. So not very often would you find stars outside of a galaxy, but you seem to have quite a bit. Your more likely to see other galaxies.

Looking great tho!
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone," it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many things."

"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master -- that's all."

-Lewis Carrol: Through the Looking Glass

Post There on the fringe

I'll post a thumbnail of where on this galaxy this view is located. This is not outside that galaxy, rather, it is on the end of one of the outward spirals, looking inward toward the galactic core.

Although it seems to be outside the galaxy, its not - its on the Spinward Fringe.... perhaps I should improve this effect...

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Wip Next update!

Next update on the Icarus Star Lanes map. I created two 3D view insets. I will create 3 more and place them. I also plan to create a top/side view of the Icarus smuggler vessel in the top left area of the map. I may place a few images of suspects and contacts at the bottom.

I'll create a much larger dimension and resolution map at the finish. I've got a few more days of work, before I declare this complete!

GP

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	icarus1.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	759.3 KB 
ID:	7552  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations