Thread: November Entry: Icarus Starlane

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Agreed on both points!

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    I really like the story this tells. It's like a 1970's SF movie poster or a hand out for a traveller RPG scenario.
    I am totally in agreement with you Ravs, on both points. The truth is I am really more of an artist than a scientist. In school, I was great in art, history, english, earth sciences, even the non-mathmatical portions of astronomy (is there such a thing?) but at math - I suck.

So I was more reluctant to create these accurate starsystem/galaxy models that exist in many of the other maps. Even using reasonable location markers is really outside my skills or interest.

Instead I created a plauseable storyline in the form of a map that users to game whether a Traveller scenario, or even a screen on a video game prior to actual play, can use.

It isn't the amazing scientific creations by everyone else, rather its a story in map form - or a poster, certainly!

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 11-10-2008 at 02:00 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Guild Adept

Hey that makes it cool too. It still conveys a sci-fi story without the precise astronomical units.