View Poll Results: What type of map would you like to create to celebrate the Guild's 10th birthday?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Everyone designs their own square within a landmass which Robbie will provide

11 47.83%
  • We make our own separate islands which will be merged into an archipelago map

3 13.04%
  • Everyone creates their own room as part of a larger dungeon-style map

9 39.13%
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: The Sites 10th Birthday is coming next month! Let's celebrate!

Quote Originally Posted by SteffenBrand View Post
    I don't mind, J.Edwards! My country will be in constant struggle anyways, leave those troublemakers alone
    Is it OK if I add water or are you doing the background yourself?
    I just made the challenge thread post here.
    Most discussion will go there but I can answer your question here and there.

For the individual atlas type pages/maps, I think everyone should feel free to fully map the whole region showing if they want to, including water.
    If I need to make changes for the BIG picture, that's okay. I figured I'd just let it roll and see what happens.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

You know one thing we didn't work out? What's the latitude of this continent? I don't want my #24 Arctic Hell (for example) to be right next to Aztec Jungle. Or do I? Maybe that would be part of the map's charm...

I did think about that... and I thought about saying something about it... but... well.. I didn't.
    For all I know, we might have 9/10th of a world that lives in medieval times and 1/10th that lives in the distant future.
    I'm just letting it roll

I think the complete randomness of it is its charm. Take as this for instance each country sort of represents that persons map character... or guild character... or something.

Also this is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    I think the complete randomness of it is its charm. Take as this for instance each country sort of represents that persons map character... or guild character... or something.

Also this is awesome.
    I agree, Falconius. For instance, I have five different countries bordering my little patch of land. Trying to co-ordinate with five people, who in turn will be co-ordinating with others who border their lands, well, it could become a bit of a headache, and the opposite of fun. Nothing wrong with working out stuff with others, if everyone is amenable, but I like the idea of everyone doing their own thing in their own style and, as you say, putting a little bit of themselves into it. For me, this is about celebrating the Guild and its map-makers and all their diverse styles, not about ensuring climates are consistent and whatnot. That's my take on it anyway.
    Last edited by ChickPea; 04-02-2016 at 01:38 PM. Reason: I can't type
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Yep, I agree. Vive la difference!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

See, this is what happens when you have kids. Suddenly there's "Easter Holidays" and you go to visit the cousins and when you get back to "normal" life, there's a whole new world!

I would dearly love to join in the celebration to show my appreciation for this amazing community. Is there any way for that to happen? Do I need to resort to bribery?

If there's no land space left I'd be happy to map a city or something. Somebody's small town? A farm?

This looks like an awesome project, way to go Guild!

Cheers,
    Meshon

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Meshon View Post
    See, this is what happens when you have kids. Suddenly there's "Easter Holidays" and you go to visit the cousins and when you get back to "normal" life, there's a whole new world!

I would dearly love to join in the celebration to show my appreciation for this amazing community. Is there any way for that to happen? Do I need to resort to bribery?

If there's no land space left I'd be happy to map a city or something. Somebody's small town? A farm?

This looks like an awesome project, way to go Guild!

Cheers,
    Meshon

We got you covered Meshon
    I still have land available.
    I'll post your country map here in a few minutes.
    You'll be down the list at #31.

Edit - you in it now sir

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    We got you covered Meshon
    I still have land available.
    I'll post your country map here in a few minutes.
    You'll be down the list at #31.
    Faaaantastic!

Obviously a map must be made

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast