View Poll Results: What type of map would you like to create to celebrate the Guild's 10th birthday?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Everyone designs their own square within a landmass which Robbie will provide

11 47.83%
  • We make our own separate islands which will be merged into an archipelago map

3 13.04%
  • Everyone creates their own room as part of a larger dungeon-style map

9 39.13%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sites 10th Birthday is coming next month! Let's celebrate!

Nice to know, Happy Birthday! lol!
    I need to say thanks to all the member of this community! this place is great, and inspired -and keep to inspiring- me in so many ways!

Tom

Erm...am I missing something or the first post was on the 20th of April..as in one month from now?

If that is the case...there is still time for organizing something, if not happy 10th birthday!!!
    I'm allergic to pollen! - Amaranthus hypochondriacus

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    That's awesome.
    Happy birthday Guild!!
    I'm glad you started this Robbie, and a special thanks to all those CLs and early members that got the ball rolling, that all of us now enjoy.
    Cheers to Bogie, who I believe has managed all the Lite challenges, where most of us started out.
    Happy 10th Birthday CG!!!

I only started mapping in 2007 when I joined the Dundjinni Forums. I didn't hear about CG until 2011 when someone told me there was a mapping challenge here that I should try. I didn't win but I had fun and have stayed ever since. Thanks for the compliment J. Edward, but I have only been running the Lite challenge for a couple years and for quite a while I alternated with Diamond and Max. I do agree that the challenges are a great place to start out, they are not of interest to everyone, but a lot of people have enjoyed participating in them.

Professional Artist SteffenBrand's Avatar

10 years, wow! That is incredibly long for a website, considering it's still this active! It has to be the helpful cartographers, the awesome and tirelessly active staff and the atmosphere all around. Thank you so much for the time I spend so well here and on to the next 10 years!

THANK YOU SO MUCH and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    Everyone stay this awesome and creative! =)
    Last edited by SteffenBrand; 03-21-2016 at 05:36 PM.
    Visit me on ArtStation.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barek333 View Post
    Erm...am I missing something or the first post was on the 20th of April..as in one month from now?

If that is the case...there is still time for organizing something, if not happy 10th birthday!!!
    Omigosh you're right! I have been using 4 for the date wrong this past week, lol. Good call. Prepare for birthday event planning!

Sent from my m8wl using Tapatalk
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Have I now been telling everyone the wrong thing
    Well, more time would be awesome, though eating words is never fun

Haha, this wrong date thing is a ploy to get two presents, I'm sure!

Well that gives us a month to work out something. If anyone's got any suggestions, do share.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Well, I was going to offer my belated birthday wishes, but I see now that would be wrong. Oh, you guys, I was just getting ready to party!

Though to be fair this month would be the 10th anniversary surely since your account (Robbie) was created on the 29th March 2006? ...just to confuse the issue!

Professional Artist SteffenBrand's Avatar

Birthday trolling, hrm? Like your style, well played ;P

First suggestion which comes to mind: How about we make a celebration map? Define the outline / landmarks of a map, divide it in tiles and give everyone who wants a part in it one tile. He can do this one in his own style. Put it all together and have a Guildmap! Additionally, the creator of the initial outlines could keep the shape secret, revealing what it is to everyone at the same time.
    Visit me on ArtStation.

Quote Originally Posted by SteffenBrand View Post
    Birthday trolling, hrm? Like your style, well played ;P

First suggestion which comes to mind: How about we make a celebration map? Define the outline / landmarks of a map, divide it in tiles and give everyone who wants a part in it one tile. He can do this one in his own style. Put it all together and have a Guildmap! Additionally, the creator of the initial outlines could keep the shape secret, revealing what it is to everyone at the same time.
    Oh, I like that. That would be really cool.
    We might need to know number of entrants before hand, to know number of tiles.
    I would love to do this - even if for a later project. I was just talking about a mosaic.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast