Thread: Kill Box Battle Map WIP

Wip Kill Box Battle Map WIP

This is my first ever battle map, and I seem to be having a bit of an issue with it. I'm using cc3+ to create this map.

I'm actually creating this for my husband for his 2nd ed d&d campaign. My issue is two fold. First, obviously is all of the mountains and 'cliffs' outside my map border, that I need to clean up. I have no idea how to do this within cc3+. I also messed up my map border and had to completely erase it, and I can't figure out how to get it back.

I realize this map is rudimentary at best, but my husband just wanted the basics, he doesn't want anything fancy... so this is what I came up with. I do plan to recreate it later, once I have a better handle on the program I'm using.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kill Box.PNG 
Views:	96 
Size:	5.49 MB 
ID:	81501

Any assistance would be most welcome!

Wish I could help you ladiestorm, but hopefully Tonnichiwa or someone else who knows more about CC3 will drop by. There's actually a certain charm to your mountains finishing outside the border. The thing that bothers me more is the sharp contrast between the edges of the mountains and the surrounding terrain. Is there any way to blend those a little better?

Ultimately if you're learning something new with every map and hubby is happy, then all is good.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Sharp terrain? Do you meant the sharp color contrasts? That's the way my hubby described it, so that's the way I drew it. Dry, cold, desolate mountain trail leading down (yes down - southern mountains) toward the dwarves kingdom). I tried to stay as close to his description as possible.

I'm a little late here, but the best solution in CC3 to the spillout of mountains is to draw a collar around the map under the top grid but above the mountains. Basically, draw a solid white box wide enough to hide the mountain spillouts on the left edge, another along the top edge, another for the right edge, and a final one for the bottom. Then use the save as rectangular BMP section and select the parts that you want to save.