Thread: Port Fairglade city map for Commission

Default Port Fairglade city map for Commission

Well, I've been tasked with a large commission by Legendary Games to create 20 maps for The Trail of the Apprentice, an upcoming Pathfinder adventure path targeted to a young player audience. This is the second map of 20 completed. This is the only city map. I have one regional map to create and the rest encounter scale maps. I have hidden the label layer to show the details in the map better. I had very good instructions and a nice rough draft to work from to create this city map, better than most commissions I receive (originally created in CC3). Notably, I took the instructions better than the intent. The author conceived of 15 named locations in the city - mayor's residence, wizard's college, barracks, county seat, city council hall, port authority, and six taverns and inns (and 2 gates). I created specific buildings for those locations, before populating the map with all the other buildings. The author and publisher hadn't anticipated being able to label specific structures, but since I created those specific buildings for those named locations, they opted to do so, anyway.

This, of course, was entirely created in Xara Designer Pro x11, a vector drawing application, my preferred graphics application.

As this is a commission map, not yet published, please do not share this.

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	port-glade-final-sans-label.jpg 
Views:	350 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	81806
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 03-30-2016 at 10:31 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations