Thread: The little Village of Ambary

Default The little Village of Ambary

So i've got lots and lots of tiny villages dotting the countryside in the particular region my players in D&D campaign are in. So, i've been working on maps for a few of them, in case they just decide to go "off the beaten path" so to speak. I HATE BEING UNPREPARED! - Anyway here's another village i've just finished up. The village is not on any direct route to or from a city or town, however, it is visited often by many of the residents of other nearby villages and hamlets. It's a small village on the outskirts of a forest, where quite a few of its inhabitants eeeek a living by collecting the rare herbs found in and around the forest for shop owner and local famed apothecary, Astra Zeneca (heh heh). Most others earn their living either at few other local businesses, or animal farmers who supply the closest town's shops with meats.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new village test parchment new.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	758.9 KB 
ID:	82355
    **Please do note copyright- do not repost my work without my permission. Thank You
    Last edited by lorelei; 04-10-2016 at 08:41 AM.

Very nice! A quaint little town.
    I noticed some of your trees are blurred and cut off a little bit, as if you put a texture over them and they weren't on the top layer.. What are you making this on by the way?
    Good job!

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    Very nice! A quaint little town.
    I noticed some of your trees are blurred and cut off a little bit, as if you put a texture over them and they weren't on the top layer.. What are you making this on by the way?
    Good job!
    Thank you! And, funny, i was JUST looking this over to print up for next week's campaign and noticed the same thing! the trees by Kobe's farm. I'll fix it before i print it. And, im using Campaign Cartographer. I wish i could draw as well as i imagine, but alas, we are all granted our gifts and that just ain't one of mine. haha. So, thankfully, this program helps me get it out there. I also play around with Photoshop, to touch up sometimes, but i really have never been taught how to use the program , so i just trial and error my way through with videos and having at it.

Edited - ok, it was driving me crazy....here is the fixed version!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new village test parchment jpeg.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	772.8 KB 
ID:	82358
    Last edited by lorelei; 04-10-2016 at 10:47 AM.

Nice Village, great work!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Nice Village, great work!
    Thanks for the rep!

This is a sweet little map! The buildings are really well done. My only comment would be that the brownish texture underneath the buildings feels a little strong, but that's a mild criticism. Great work.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    This is a sweet little map! The buildings are really well done. My only comment would be that the brownish texture underneath the buildings feels a little strong, but that's a mild criticism. Great work.
    I think you are right ChickPea. I am not partial to the color myself. It is a standard bitmap fill on the CC3 program. I could swap it out with something a little less "bold". This map was actually an experiment. I've never made a map with any program such as PS or CC3 and stayed within the same "symbol set"...this was a first Well, aside from the animals (i did cheat a little). Anyway, i think i will change it before printing it out for my players in my campaign. Thank you, as usual for the helpful critique!

Yes, looks much better now. I can't remember if I repped you but I'll try now!

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Great job on this Lorelei. Love the little village